About Dr. Colin Ross
Dr. Ross is an internationally renowned clinician, researcher, author and lecturer in the field of dissociation and trauma-related disorders. He is the founder and President of the Colin A. Ross Institute for Psychological Trauma.
Dr. Ross obtained his M.D. from the University of Alberta in 1981 and completed his training in psychiatry at the University of Manitoba in 1985. He has been running a hospital-based Trauma Program in Dallas, Texas since 1991.
Dr. Ross' book, The Trauma Model: A Solution To the Problem of Comorbidity in Psychiatry, was first published in 2000, with a second edition appearing in 2007. Other recent books of his include Trauma Model Therapy: A Treatment Approach for Trauma, Dissociation and Complex Comorbidity (2009), The C.I.A. Doctors: Human Rights Violations by American Psychiatrists (2006) and Moon Shadows: Stories of Trauma & Recovery (2007).
In addition, Dr. Ross has authored over 170 professional papers, has reviewed for numerous professional journals and grant agencies and is a past President of the International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation. He has appeared in a number of television documentaries and has published essays, aphorisms, poetry, short stories and screen plays.
Dr. Ross is adept at imparting complex information to diverse professional audiences on a variety of subjects including:
- The Psychobiology of Dissociation
- Treatment Outcome of Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID)
- Psychotherapy of Complex Comorbid Trauma Cases
- A Science of Human Energy Fields
- A Dissociative Structural Model of the Psyche
- CIA and Military Mind Control Research
- The Problem of Attachment to the Perpetrator in Child Abuse Victims
- Long Term Effects of Child Abuse
- A Trauma Model of Borderline Personality Disorder
- What You Need to Know About Psychiatric Medication
- A Dissociative Subtype of Schizophrenia
- Childhood Trauma and Substance Abuse
- Trauma and Depression
- Childhood Trauma and Eating Disorders
- Vitamin D and Hormones in Health and Disease
Here's what they're saying about Colin Ross...
- "I found him wonderfully enjoyable but probably missed some of the more academic points as I was having too much fun."
- "Interesting speaker with a wealth of material."
- "Clear, incisive, and informative presentation."
- "Very good, intelligent, thoughtful presentation. Love his humor."
- "Excellent, warm speaker."