Self Assessment for Trauma
The following self-assessment questions are not intended to provide a diagnosis or substitute for a professional evaluation.
- Have you ever experienced emotional abuse? By whom?
- Have you ever experienced neglect? By whom?
- Have you ever experienced physical abuse? By whom?
- Have you ever experienced sexual abuse? By whom?
- Do you ever have intrusive thoughts or images regarding the (emotional, neglectful, physical, and or sexual) experience that you previously mentioned?
- Do you ever experience flashbacks or feel like the abuse is still happening?
- Are your presenting symptoms (suicidal ideation, homicidal ideation, inability to function, self injurious behaviors, or addictions) in any way associated with your past experience?
- Do you ever lose time?
- Do you feel you often act on impulses and don't have control over your behaviors?
- Do you have difficulty managing feelings of anger, sadness, shame, and rage?
- How did your family express their feelings when you were growing up?